Looking to improve your riding skills?
Instruction camps & courses are available Dec – April
AST 1.5 COURSE*See Below for Course Options & Pricing*
- This 2-day course – based out of Carl Kuster Mountain Park – will bring the understanding that staying safe in avalanche terrain is a life-long process. The AST 1.5 course is set-up to give you base knowledge that you need to apply to your daily mountain adventures, and will provide entry-level decision-making framework that is based on the most advanced knowledge available. This course is suitable for people with basic training and little experience.
- COURSE OPTIONS: *all prices based on double occupancy*
- AST 1.5 Full Package Nov 22-25: 2 Course Days, 1 Guided Riding Day, 3 Nights at CKMP Loft, 3 Days Meals: $1169+tax
- AST 1.5 Basic Package Nov 23-25: 2 Course Days, 2 Nights at CKMP Loft, 2 Days Meals: $796+tax
- AST 1.5 FULL PACKAGE ITINERARY *times subject to change*
- Nov 22: Welcome Dinner 7pm @ CKMP
- Nov 23: Classroom Session @ CKMP
- Nov 24: On Mountain Training
- Nov 25: Guided Mountain Day *option to add on extra riding day to all packages*
AST 2 COURSE
- The AST 2 course is 4 days of learning based out of Carl Kuster Mountain Park. This course allows for a lot of in-field time to develop the skills you need to navigate multiple types of terrain in elevated avalanche hazard situations. AST 1 must be completed before attending an AST 2 course. This course will provide an intermediate level decision-making framework that is based on the most advanced knowledge available. It is suitable for use by people with a moderate degree of training and experience. In addition, the course will provide the prerequisite knowledge required for further avalanche training and introduce and promote the Canadian Avalanche Association Industry Training Program as the accepted standard for advanced avalanche training.
- COURSE OPTIONS: **ALL PRICES BASED ON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY**
- AST 2 Full Package Nov 27 – Dec 1: 4 Course Days, 4 Nights at Lodge, 4 Days Meals $1612+tax
- AST 2 FULL PACKAGE ITINERARY *times subject to change*
- Nov 27: Welcome Dinner 7pm @ CKMP
- Nov 28: Classroom Session @ CKMP
- Nov 29: On Mountain Training
- Nov 30: On Mountain Training
- Dec 1: On Mountain Training
LEARN TO LEAD W/ SHELLEY FERGUSON
- BUILD YOUR SKILLS & CONFIDENCE TO LEAD YOUR GROUP & GAIN A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF HOW TO READ THE MOUNTAIN TO NAVIGATE TECHNICAL TERRAIN
- ~ Max 2 participants per group with private CKMP Guide Shelley Ferguson
- ~ Price is based on double occupancy. Sled rental is available at an additional cost
- ~ This course is designed to help you gain the confidence, skill set and knowledge to safely and efficiently get around in the back country. Shelley will work with each rider to understand their strengths and adapt the training and guiding to fit each person’s needs and desired course outcome
- TECHNICAL & TACTICAL SKILLS COVERED:
- ~ TRIP PLANNING & NAVIGATING ONLINE DATA TO MAKE INFORMED DECISIONS ON THE SNOW
- ~ RISK ASSESSMENT
- ~ HOW TO USE THE TERRAIN TO YOUR ADVANTAGE TO EFFICIENTLY GET AROUND
- ~ HOW TO USE YOUR WEIGHT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE TO MANEUVER YOUR SLED
- ~ TIPS & TRICKS FOR SMALLER RIDERS
- ~ SLED SETUP & WHAT GEAR/EQUIP/TOOLS TO PACK
- ~ AND MUCH MORE!!
- LADIES RIDE FEB 16, 2020
- REGISTRATION DETAILS POSTED SOON!!